Thursday, July 12, 2012

It Was You


How did I let you down?
I want to know, were you?
Looking for applause before I started the show,
When I should read the scripts,
So I could see how you play the role of,
“It’s not you, it’s me”,
And you need time to think…

Well, he don’t,
Know you like I know you then,
He won’t listen to your complaints and understand,
You chose to let somebody else take my place,
Can’t even look me in the face.
It’s too hard to say…

It was you,
You that threw my heart away.
It was you,
You had me so caught up in the day.
Because of you,
I won’t have a look at love the same,
If there’s anyone to blame,
For my tears and for my pain.
It was you.

You seem to have your plan,
All figured out, but see
I’m the first auditioned,
And there’s no others made like me
Once a heart is broken
It’s not easy to assemble.
Had no instruction, and was easy to read.

But your hero, would remove the way you that wanted to and
He don’t want to live in a Barbie house with you,
You chose to put me on a shelf far away.
So you wouldn’t have to see my face,
And hear me say…

I’m done with wondering what you’re looking for,
I’ve tried everything.
But one day we’re gonna know the truth.
Hope that the next one can love you,
Like I do, like I wanted to.
Guess, I loved you.
Yes, I loved you…

No comments:

Post a Comment