Tuesday, October 29, 2013


"Practice"
I'm glad that I achieved such improvement in my game over the last 2 months. I never imagined I'll be able to compose myself. Last October 28, 2013; the game with my relatives and friends was really a good game. I was playing the game that time feeling so comfortable for the first time ever.
All my friends know this, that every time we play ball; I'm always jittery or overexcited. I hate that and I'm so glad I got rid of that feeling finally.
It became a daily routine for me now. Shooting hoops in the morning (at 6). Warming up & jogging for a bit before that. And you know those... 1-2 Pivot foot combinations. 2 on 2's. Left handed drills... attacking the basket, pump fakes... All of these are getting almost like I'm trying to be better than my friend whose a LeBron James d*ck rider. (Not you, JHT.)

Who encouraged me?
-John Paul. My cousin. Over the past 3 months. He was everything. I mean like a brother, a cousin, and a boss. And maybe lastly a trainer. He trained me mentally. Maybe he got into me; pushed me to a zone. I really was encourage by his words, not only in the game of basketball. But also at work. He may not look like it, but he got wisdom of an old man. Plain and simple, he's cool.

Kobe Bryant.
-Of course. He's my favorite player. I grew up watching him. He's the best player to ever have the most complete skill-set in the NBA for me.


I play SF.
-I play mostly off-ball. I'm obviously not a guard. Yes, Kobe might be my favorite player. But I can't force myself to model my game after him. Though I'd like to copy a few moves like the jab steps, the pivot moves. Man, those are really sick moves to master.

Shoe size US 9.
-My shoe size... though my feet is at US 8, I'm comfortable having a US 9.


My shooting form.
-Kobe Bryant... it's hard but I try to not... copy everything. Just the elbows and release. Maybe.


No comments:

Post a Comment